Thursday, March 13, 2008

Training Update

I have yet emerge from my subteranian dungeon training pit (the basement). However, my training is picking up steam. I’ve dropped 13 lbs in 18 days well on my way to shattering my goal of 30 lbs in 60 days.




The training in the basement is only bearable thanks to cycling.tv, fancast.com, and movies: Hell on Wheels, A Sunday in Hell, and Overcoming. What sucks about it is: 1. I never found my cycle computer 2. I don’t have a HR monitor. So I am just going on feel and instinct. I’ll find out how I’m doing come my first group ride (when I get spit out the back).

Since the weather is improving, I should be outside this weekend and now that RTA is bike friendly (they allow bikes on the trains during rush hour), I am going to start my daily commute by biking to and/or from work (time permitting).

1 comment:

JimmyNick said...

Way to go, man! I'm fighting through the flu, but even before that, I was lazy compared to what you're doing. Thirteen LBS! That would put me w/in 20 lbs of a good racing weight!