Thursday, March 13, 2008

Tour de Georgia

Tour de Georgia (I wish they would change the name to Tour of Georgia)

Even though the Tour de Georgia is just shy of 6 weeks away, I’m getting pumped about planning my trip. I can’t wait to take my nephews and my daughter to Brasstown Bald for what always is an exciting finish. For the 2007 finish click here:

http://www.tourdegeorgia.com/mambots/content/mgmediabot2/players.php?mode=popup&playerid=74b8246d3dc332b9bd1a2250b0ff91c7

Plus, on Friday, April 25, 2008, stage five charges right past my brother’s house in Suwanee, GA. (one of the best towns in the U.S.) After they roll by, we’ll hop in the cars and head up to Dahlonega. We’ll have plenty of time. This will pan out to be a key day in the race, 133.4 miles with 3 climbs of Burnt Mtn., Woody Gap, and Crown Mtn.

For all the details on the race, go to: http://www.tourdegeorgia.com/2008-route-details-announced-3.html

2008 Tour de Georgia Teams (so far):
Feburary 14 update:
Astana (Luxembourg)
Team CSC (Denmark)
Gerolsteiner (Germany)
Team High Road (USA)
Team Slipstream/Chipotle presented by H30
BMC Racing
Bissell Pro Cycling Team (USA)
Jittery Joe's Professional Cycling Team (USA

Check out TV coverage on Versus on May 4th @ 4PM EST. (What a weird channel, it’s either bloodsport cage fighting or cycling, the two just don’t go together, I mean transitioning from Phil Ligget to a commercial about a BLOODY CAGE MATCH BEAT DOWNS just doesn’t seem right…thank god for Tivo & DVR!

I’ll take tons of pictures and hopefully get in some good rides while I’m down there. The weather should be paradise compared to Cleveland!

No comments: