Monday, February 25, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again...


It had been so long since I got on the bike I don’t remember where I put my cycle speedometer computer! Seriously, I can’t find it anywhere. More embarrassing is the fact that I haven’t been on the bike in nearly 6 months!! Holy crap! 6 months = 30 lbs! That’s right, since late September I have gained 30 extra lbs. and am now weighing in at 211. Not to make excuses, but I’ve been busy with a 9 month old, and a job, and a house, and the weather in N.E. Ohio stinks, etc. Enough already, no more excuses, I must right this wrong before I find myself needing a triple bypass by the time I'm 35 yrs old.

Yesterday, I finally got back in the saddle….35 minutes, in the basement, on the trainer. But I was motivated, the only way I know how….Watching free cycling on http://www.cycling.tv/ I watched Levi destroy everyone in stage 5 the ITT in Solvang, 2008 Amgen Tour of California.

My long-term goal is to drop 40 lbs by August. In the short-term I want to drop 20 by April 24 (my trip to the Tour de Georgia!) I know it can be done, I’ve done this before. In January 2003 I weighed in at 227 lbs and by the time I got serious about riding in February 2006 I lost 50 lbs. Knowing this gives me confidence, but it is dangerous, since I know I can shed fat like grating cheese, I tend to not worry about it when I gain it. Stupid logic.

1 comment:

JimmyNick said...

I dropped a good five pounds this morning. But you really don't want to know ...

Add the weight of your baby and your dog. Double it (assuming your baby weighs about 20 lbs. and your dog weighs negative-5 lbs, which is possible judging by its pictures). That's how much fat you wanna lose.

Isn't that a drag?